Monday, October 8, 2007

The Mal Thursday Show #1


The Mal Thursday Show is Back!

Now on the Garagepunk.com Podcast.

During the process of moving to Austin, I had to go through my record collection, and rediscovered some gems I had forgotten that I owned, or just hadn't heard in a while. Plus, I had gotten some promos from Barbara at Get Hip and Eric 4-A at Vagrant Records, so I decided to bring back The Mal Thursday Show, which originally aired on WMUA in Amherst, Mass. from '87 to '91 and had a brief revival on WFCF in St. Augustine in 2002. So here 'tis, people. Hope you dig it.

Playlist:

UGLY BEATS: Let Me Through (Get Hip)
LYRES: Grounded/We Sell Soul (Norton/Taang!)
DTs: Don't Slander Me (Get Hip)
BOSS MARTIANS: XKE (Vagrant)
DEREK & CLIVE: The Worst Job I Ever Had
DORKTONES: It's My Pride (Forum comp)
GREENHORNES: Satisfy My Mind (Telstar)
INSKIRTS: Skating (Soundstream)
WHITE STRIPES: Love Sick
IGGY POP: 'Til Wrong Feels Right
EMBROOKS: It's Always Been That Way (Dionysus)
VANDALS: Poison (XXX)
WIG: Drive It Home (Goyle)
CIRCUS: Burn Witch Burn
GENTLEMEN: It's a Cryin' Shame
BY-FIVES: I Saw You Walking
KNIGHT'S BRIDGE: Make Me Some Love (Sea Ell/Sundazed)
TAG SALE: Traversing the Wave (Chunk)

No comments: