Friday, January 15, 2010

JM Dobies, Austin Classic Movies Examiner

I am now the Austin Classic Movies Examiner, in addition to my role as Dallas Celebrity Headlines Examiner.

You can now read my stuff without being embarrassed, appalled, or nauseated by the subject matter. Read about great films and the icons of the silver screen rather than the latest misdeeds of drug-addled Z-list actors and sub-human reality TV scum. Or you can do both, and that'll be even better for me, because I get paid by the page view!

You can subscribe to my Classic Movie columns via email HERE.


First up, A Streetcar Named Desire, which is being presented as part of "Alamo Iron Chef VI: The Battle for Sixth Street" next Wednesday at the Alamo Drafthouse Ritz, 320 East Sixth Street in Austin. Click HERE to read all about it.

Then,
it's an homage to my favorite existential road movie, Monte Hellman's Two-Lane Blacktop. Click HERE to read that one.

You can still subscribe to my sordid and tasteless Celebrity Headlines HERE.

No comments: