Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Florida Rocks Again! #35: Mal's Florida Favorites, Vol. 1


This rockin' installment of the long-running series brings together some of Mal's fave Florida garage, soul, and rockabilly nuggets, as well as a few late '60s mindblowers, plus an epic interview with Wayne Proctor of We The People, originally heard on FRA! #18: Orlando Rocks Again! So kick back, relax, and Southern-fry your brain with killer cuts from the Birdwatchers, Benny Joy, the Wrong Numbers, and many, many more.

Produced in Living Monophonic Sound by JM Dobies and Jeff Lemlich.

CLICK HERE TO LISTEN NOW!

Playlist:

WE THE PEOPLE: When I Arrive
PROCTOR AMUSEMENT COMPANY: Heard You Went Away
THE BIRDWATCHERS: I’m Gonna Do It to You/Can I Do It
STEVE ALAIMO: You Don’t Love Me (I Don’t Care)/You Don’t Know Like I Know
SAM & DAVE: You Got Me Hummin’
BETTY WRIGHT: Girls Can’t Do What the Guys Do
CLARENCE REID: Polk Salad Annie

BENNY JOY: Spin the Bottle
TRACY PENDARVIS: A Thousand Guitars
WAYNE COCHRAN: The Coo
BENNY SPELLMAN: Fortune Teller
THE IMPACS: Let’s Go, Let’s Go, Let’s Go

MANDARIN GATE: It's a Revolution Mother
THE SECOND COMING: I Feel Free
THE ALLMAN BROTHERS BAND: Dreams (demo)

The Wayne Proctor Interview
THE TRADEMARKS: Don’t Say You Love Me Too
WE THE PEOPLE: My Brother, the Man/The Mirror of You Mind/St. Johns Shop/In the Past/Declaration of Independence

THE WRONG NUMBERS: I’m Gonna Go Now

Hosted by Mal Thursday

Written and Produced by JM Dobies

Co-Produced by Jeff Lemlich

CLICK HERE FOR A FREE SUBSCRIPTION TO FLORIDA ROCKS AGAIN!

No comments: