J.M. Dobies, Austin Classic Movies Examiner now has a page on Facebook for fans and friends of the column to post about their favorite movies and upcoming classic film happenings in Austin.
In addition to linking the latest review and features from the Austin Classic Movies Examiner, the Facebook page will also feature evergreens from the first three years of the columnm including the "Greatest Hits" series (Natalie Wood's Greatest Hits, Marlon Brando's Greatest Hits, Martin Scorcese's Greatest Hits, etc.).
To follow the A.C.M.E. on Twitter, subscribe to the posts of his rock n' roll alter ego Mal Thursday (twitter.com/#malthursday). The latest episode of The Mal Thursday Show podcast, "The Ballad of Mal Thursday, Pt. 5" is currently available free on iTunes and on GaragePunk Pirate Radio.
- Scenes from a Marriage on the Rocks: Two for the Road (1967)
- Lady in a Rage: David Cronenberg's 'The Brood' (1979)
- Cannibalism, Savagery, and Unconditional Love: Jack Hill's Spider Baby (1968)
- To Put Out or Not to Put Out: The Young Lovers (1964)
- Ken Russell's Greatest Hits
- Dennis Hopper's Greatest Hits
- Paul Newman's Greatest Hits
- The Greatest Biker Movies Ever Made
- The Greatest Horror Movies of the '60s
- Made in Texas: Giant (1956)
- Angry Young Bastard: Saturday Night and Sunday Morning (1961)
- Fun and Games with George and Martha: Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf? (1966)
- Don't Look Back, Ollie: I'll Never Forget What's 'Isname (1967)
- Natalie Wood's Greatest Hits