Thursday, April 23, 2009

Cold Turkey Computer Withdrawal

Loyal readers o' the BLOG! may recall that I had rededicated myself to producing more and better blog entries at the beginning of the year, vowing to knock out five posts a week.

Sadly, we have had some unfortunate losses of late. First, my 4 year old son's old IBM Thinkpad laptop gave up the ghost, then my 2002 Dell desktop shat the bed, its bloated hard drive taking a mess of documents and images with it to the grave. After that, we ponied up the dough for a decent Toshiba laptop, in time for me to finish Florida Rocks Again! #36, but then my wife's HP laptop stopped working, within days of the expiration of her one-year warranty, natch (apparently there's a class action lawsuit in the works, due to this model's faulty soldering).

So I've had to let my wife use my laptop, while I must confine my online activities to working hours, a practice known to HR types as "cyber-loafing."

Not wanting to get shit-canned over excessive cyber-loafing, I have been forced to neglect my bloggery. However, today is one of those days where I have absolutely nothing to do, so a-blogging I will go.

No comments: