Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Cedar Fever

Folks round these parts call it cedar fever.

This time of year, the cedars release tons of airborne allergens, and Austin is in the epicenter of a region-wide pollen cloud. I have never been all that susceptible to allergies, but this one's a humdinger. My head feels like it's in a vise, and if the locals weren't constantly reassuring me that it's just the fever, I'd be at the nearest hospital right now.

I slept 12 hours last night and feel no better today.

I'm on the job instead of at the ER, because I get paid to be here and I'd have to pay a lot of money to go to the ER. My insurance doesn't kick in until February 1st.

Gotta love the health care system in this country. Don't get me started.

Anyway, I took an antihistamine and it's not helping a whole lot. That cedar pollen must be some bad stuff. I got the fever, and I got it bad.

No comments: